To mark the launch of Drawing People as an ebook, I finally made a new cover for it!Get the book!
(coil-bound; for a different and cheaper binding go here
orGet the ebook!
For those not familiar, this is my most acclaimed publication so far, collecting all my human tutorials with some added material: Everything you need to know to draw the human figure in all its liveliness and diversity, illustrated in full color. Chapters:
- Introduction: Cultivating Your Drawing Skills
- Drawing the body (comparative face and body anatomy for men and women, muscle diagrams, hands and feet, notes on balance and foreshortening)
- Emotions and facial expressions (a study of a sample of 60 expressions with additional notes on posture, etc.)
- Flexibility (understand how and where the body bends)
- Aging the face and body, detailed for men and women
- Catalog of human features (eye/hair/skin color, nose/eyebrow/eye/breast shapes, body types)
- Guide to human types (detailed anatomic and facial characteristics of over 50 ethnotypes, from Ainu to Zulu, with notes on mixed types – the only such guide in existence)